Do you have any information about UOW Webmail?, No need to worry if you don’t have one, because here we share some useful info about UOW webmail login, email setup, import and export email, reset email & password and more information.
What is UOW Webmail ?
UOW Webmail is the email account provided to you by the university. It is hosted by Microsoft as a part of the Office365 Outlook package, and comes with 25GB of storage. Your UOWmail is the main point of contact between yourself, your tutors and lecturers, and the wider university community.
It is recommended that you check your UOWmail at least once a week. Your UOWmail Office 365 account combines the familiar Office desktop suite with the latest cloud-based versions of communication and collaboration services.
How to Login UOW Webmail ?
To login to UOW Webmail you need to enter your email account address and password, so keep it with you and login to UOW Webmail through the steps given below.
- First open this webpage link uowmail.edu.au.
- Enter your Username and Your Email Account Address in the field.
- Click on the Next button.
- Then enter your Password, password field.
- last click on the Submit option.
How to Access UOWmail or UOW Webmail Account ?
To log into UOWmail please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Current Students > UOWmail Student email on Office 365M ‘log in here’.
- This symbol ‘>’ indicates the next step.
- After pressing the ‘log in here’ button, you will be redirected to another page.
- In the boxes provided, enter your UOWmail address, click ‘Next’, enter your password in the field.
- Then click ‘Sign in’ button.
- Your UOWmail email address consists of your UOW username (e.g. abc123), followed by ‘@uowmail.edu.au’ (@uowmail.edu.au).
- The password to your UOWmail account is the same as your SOLS password.
How to Setup UOW Webmail Account on Outlook ?
Configuration based on Microsoft Office XP Professional, or Outlook 2002. Outlook 2003 is configured as part of our standard desktop deployment.
- Open your Outlook on your devices and Outlook 2002 Startup.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Click E-mail Upgrade Options.
- Choose ‘Do not upgrade’.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Select E-mail Accounts.
- Choose ‘Yes’.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Choose your Server Types, and enter IMAP server information.
- Enter User Information:
– Your Name: Your Full Name
– E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Enter Server Information:
– Incoming mail server (IMAP): mirapoint.uow.edu.au
– Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.uow.edu.au
- Enter Logon Information:
– User Name: userid
– Password: Your email password
- Check ‘Remember password’. Not recommended for offices with 2 or more staff.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Last Click ‘Finish’ button.
UOW Mail Setup Guide for iPhone, iPod & iPad
- Internet access is required on the device, and from the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- If you have existing email accounts tap Add Account.
- Otherwise proceed to the next step.
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter the following then select Save button.
– Email Address: your sols username @uowmail.edu.au.
– Domain: Leave this field blank.
– Username: your sols username @uowmail.edu.au.
– Password: Your SOLS Password.
– Description: UOW Mail.
- At this point you may see a pop up message asking about security click continue.
- The screen shown will appear with a blank Server field.
- Enter the following information details.
– Server: m.outlook.com.
- Select the items you want to Sync with Exchange.
- Click on the Done button.
- Enjoy your new UOW Mail service straight from your pocket.
- If you cannot connect to the server, try again. If consistent failure occurs try using ‘pod51008.outlook.com’ as the server.
- iOS 4.0 provides more control over your email and may provide easier access.
- iOS 3.0 is required for an Exchange connection. Older versions can still connect using IMAP.
How to Attachments Mail on UOW Webmail ?
An attachment is an item that will be sent along with the UOW email account, like a file or folder. The recipient will receive your attachment and will be able to open and download it.
To attach an item
- Once you have written your email, click on the ‘Attach’ uow mail attach button which is located near the ‘Send’ button.
- Click on the ‘Computer’ uow mail computer button on the left hand side of the window.
- Click on Next button.
- A window will pop up. In that window, locate and click on the appropriate file you wish to attach.
- Then click on the ‘Open’ button.
- Another window will appear that will prompt you to either select ‘Upload and attach as a OneDrive file’ or ‘Attach as a copy’.
- Click on whichever choice you prefer.
- Attaching as a OneDrive file means that your recipient will not receive a copy of the item to download, but rather will access the file through OneDrive using the cloud.
- Your item is now attached to your Mail Attachments on UOW email.
Configure Common UOW mail settings explained
Locating the settings for your UOW mail account.
- The UOW mail settings can be found at the top right hand corner by clicking on the ‘Settings’ uow mail settings button.
- And then clicking on the ‘Mail’ link at the bottom of the menu that appears.
- In the window that appears, you will be able to change several email account settings. The settings are organized in the following categories:
– Automatic processing: Control the way incoming and outgoing emails are handled. Examples of settings included are clutter, inbox and sweep rules.
– Accounts: Choose how your emails will flow in and out of your accounts. An example of a setting included is forwarding.
– Attachment options: Choose whether you would like to be prompted each time on how you would like to attach your documents.
– Layout: Customize the look of your inbox and email messages. Examples of settings included are email signature.
How to Mail Forwarding on University of Wollongong ?
You can forward your emails to another address, which is useful to streamline your emails if you have several accounts, or if you would like to stop using an account but don’t want to miss any important UOW emails.
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Forwarding.
- Select Start forwarding and under that enter an email address where you would like to redirect all future emails, tick or un-tick the Keep a copy of forwarded messages.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button
- To turn ‘Forwarding’ off go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Forwarding.
- Select Stop forwarding and then click on the ‘Save’ button.
UOWMail Clutter Automatic processing information guide
The Clutter folder in your University of Wollongong mail account is used to sort low priority messages out of your Inbox.
It does this by analyzing your email habits, and based on your past behavior, it determines the messages that you’re most likely to ignore and moves them so you can easily scan for important messages within your Inbox.
- Go to Settings > Mail > Automatic processing > Clutter.
- Tick Separate items identified as clutter in the field.
- Then click on the ‘Save’ button
- To turn ‘Clutter’ off go to Settings > Mail > Automatic processing > Clutter and un-tick Separate items identified as clutter.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button.
- The Clutter folder will remain in Outlook even after you turn off the Clutter feature.
How to Create Email Signature on UOW Webmail ?
An UOW email signature is a short amount of text that appears at the bottom of emails, and usually contains your name and other personal details.
University of Wollongong Email signatures can be automatically included in your email to inform the recipients on who sent the email and to provide other details they may need.
To learn more about using an email signature at UOW, check out our ‘Email Etiquette’ resource.
To add a signature
- Go to Settings > Mail > Layout > Email signature.
- Write any relevant information you would like to include in your email signature, such as Name, Faculty, Course, in the given area.
- You can then either choose to tick one or both Automatically include my signature on new messages I compose and/or Automatically include my signature on messages I forward or reply to.
- Then click on the ‘Save’ button.
University of Wollongong Contact support and Email
For more information on specific school academic contacts, please see below information. For more information on specific school professional staff, please visit the university contact directory.
- University of Wollongong
NSW, 2522, Australia
Australian campus business hours are generally from Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, Australian Eastern Daylight Time UTC +11:00.
More UOW contacts
|Alumni Engagement||(02) 4221 3169|
|Accommodation||(02) 4221 5467|
|Careers Central||(02) 4221 3325|
|Employment||(02) 4221 4494|
|IT Services||(02) 4221 3000|
|Give to UOW||(02) 4221 5915|
|Library||(02) 4221 3548|
|Student Support Services||(02) 4221 3445|
What is UOW ?
UOW (The University of Wollongong) is an Australian public research university located in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales, approximately 80 kilometres south of Sydney.
As of 2017, the university had an enrolment of more than 32,000 students including over 12,800 international students from 134 countries, an alumni base of more than 131,859 and over 2,400 staff members.
What Services does UOW ?
The University offers a range of services and facilities for students, staff and community use.
- Academic dress hire
- Accommodation services
- Careers central
- Get Started – enrolment and orientation
- Global communicators program
- International student programs
- Orientation week
- Services supporting students
- Student legal Clinic
- Student representation
- Student support advisers (SSAs)
- Study overseas
- Pulse – entertainment, wellbeing, volunteering, clubs and more
University support services
- Environment Unit
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Student accessibility and Inclusion services
- Facilities management division
- Financial services division
- IT Services (password / wifi / printing)
- Legal services unit
- Safe at work unit
- Woolyungah indigenous centre
Learning & teaching
- Learning development services
- Teaching spaces and equipment
- Tertiary literacies
- Wireless / wifi
- Bike bases
- Early start discovery space
- Kids’ Uni (early education and care centres)
- Medical services
- Science space
- Sport facilities
Food, retail & commercial
- Aspire – events, venues and catering
- Banking facilities
- Food and beverage outlets
- Hair dresser
- IGA X-Press (grocery store)
- Market alley
- Post office
- UniShop (textbooks, memorabilia, newsagent, MAC1)
Read Also: USQ Webmail Login