Do you have any information about Duke webmail?, No need to worry if you don’t have one, because here we share some useful information about Duke webmail login, how to email setup, register your account, export & import email, reset your email password and more information details.
What is Duke Webmail ?
Duke webmail is a Email, calendar, and contact management that can be accessed from desktop, web-based, or mobile clients and it is a full version of the Microsoft Office productivity suite that can be installed on your computer. The services is Web-based versions of many Office applications or OneDrive online storage.
Duke University is provide you use Outlook or Outlook Web Access to manage your calendar instead of iCloud, the Mac OS X Calendar application or mobile iOS devices.
Duke Webmail Login
If you start with shib.oit.duke.edu from above, you are on the true Duke login page.
Current students, faculty, staff, sponsored guests:
- Step 1
First Open this webpage link.
- Step 2
Enter your NetID and password in the field.
- Step 3
Last click on the ‘Login’ button.
Forgotten or Reset Duke Webmail Password
If you forget your password, you can visit pwreset.oit.duke.edu and you will need to answer your challenge questions before setting a new password.
If you have forgotten your password and challenge questions, please call the service desk at 919-684-2200 to request and it will be processed within normal business hours.
NetID Password Reset Form
Password reset form cannot be filled by a third party (manager, supervisor, etc). Password reset form requires a government issued photo ID as well as a photo of the user with a photo containing the ID where both face and photo ID are visible. You can take these two pictures with a mobile device.
The OIT service desk processes the form within a business day and your image will be sent to your non-Duke email which will allow you to set up your NetID password and challenge/response questions.
How to Change Duke of NetID password?
If you know your existing password and wish to change it, you can use the OIT account self-service tool.
If you do not know your current password, you can:
- Call the OIT Service Desk at (919) 684-2200 or the DHTS Help Desk at (919) 684-2243. For security reasons, they cannot reset a password via e-mail or live chat.
- Visit the OIT Service Desk at the Link, Perkins Library, Lower Level.
- Fax a NetID Password Reset Form with a copy of a photo ID (passport, drivers license, or Duke card) to (919) 684-4400.
Duke webmail IMAP and SMTP (POP) Server Settings
IMAP Server Settings
IMAP Server allows you to store your Inbox and folders in a central server location accessible anywhere and from many types of devices. The IMAP server retains current copies of your Inbox on the mail server or folders directory. These are included in nightly system backups. IMAP Server is a access requires authentication over an encrypted SSL certificate connection.
IMAP client configuration following:
- Protocol Specification: IMAP
- IMAP Server Hostname: mail.soc.duke.edu
- Connection Type: SSL
- Port: 993
- User ID: Your Sociology Linux user ID
- Password: Your Sociology Linux password
- Mail Folder Prefix: Mail
Email clients vary in how they request this info, but all incorporate it in some manner. You may have the option of your password permanently as part of the configuration.
SMTP Server Settings
Sending mail is more complex if you sending a message involves relaying it to an SMTP server client, which then begins the process of delivery and sending. When at home to you are outside the duke.edu domain.
The email client provider requires no authentication and provides SMTP server then service on port 25. SMTP specifications for Time Warner Road Runner and Verizon DSL in the Durham area are.
- SMTP server hostname: smtp.soc.duke.edu
- User ID: Your Sociology Linux userid
- Password: Your Sociology Linux password
The first method to usually use to as SSL – is an entirely SSL connection that takes place over port 465.
The second method to usually use to as TLS (or STARTTLS) – begins with a non-SSL connection that transforms over to SSL on port 587. The method allows SSL certificate to run on the same port as non-encrypted connections, it is emerging as the best practice.
How to Setup Duke Webmail on iOS (iPhone, iPad) ?
Office 365 is a shared service used by Duke University Email and Health System Service. Documentation for this service covers the needs of all Duke University users.
Duke email is a Health users accessing Office 365 from a mobile device must enroll in Mobile Device Manager.
You can add your Microsoft Office 365 account to your device’s native Mail/Calendar apps using the guide below. However, they recommend using the Microsoft Outlook app, available from the App Store.
This guide reflects the experience in iOS version 14.3.
Creating a new account
- Open Settings and select Mail.
- In the Mail screen, select Accounts.
- In the Accounts screen, select Add Account.
- Choose on the Add Account screen, select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Exchange screen, enter your Duke email address.
- And select Next. A message appears.
- Select Sign In.
- A Microsoft screen appears.
- If prompted, select Work or school account.
- The Duke Log In screen appears.
- If you do not see the Duke Log In page, the app was unable to authenticate using Shibboleth and may not support Modern Authentication.
- If the Duke Log In page still isn” displayed, consider using the Microsoft Outlook app.
- Enter your NetID and password, authenticate using multi-factor authentication, and select Log In.
- In the next screen, choose which apps to configure for Office 365 (mail, contacts, calendars and notes).
- Select Save.
Setup Duke Email Account on Outlook
Office 365 is a shared service in the university and health system. The documentation for this service will cover the needs of both Duke Health and University clients. Depending on which version of Office 365 you are using, your screens may change but these instructions provide the basic process.
Setup Outlook Account
- From the computer desktop, open Control Panel and search for ‘Mail’.
- Create a new profile.
- Click ‘Add’ Use a descriptive name like ‘Duke Exchange’ or ‘Duke Office 365’.
- You will now be prompted with the following screen.
- Enter your name, preferred email address, and NetID password as seen and select Next.
- For email address, use your email@example.com.
- Use your firstname.lastname@example.org even if this isn’t your email address, that is the address that Outlook will need to look for in order to set up your account.
- An autodiscover prompt will now appear.
- Select Allow.
- Select Yes, Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Choose Finish option.
- You may now open Outlook. You src=’https://duke.service-now.com/ll‘ be prompted for username and password.
- Enter your email@example.com as the username and NetID password in the password field.
- Select ‘remember my credentials’ if you don’t wish to be prompted for them every time your profile is accessed.
- Your Outlook software should now open and start downloading the local copy of your mailbox.
- This can take a while, depending on the size of your mailbox and the speed of the connection.
- Once your mailbox has downloaded, you are all set.
Setup Duke Email Account on Mozila Thunderbird
To configure Thunderbird to use a secure SMTP server:
- Step 1
Go to the Edit Account Settings menu.
- Step 2
In the left-side panel, select the Outgoing Server (SMTP) this will bring up the configuration options you need to set in the right-side panel.
- Step 3
Add/Edit the server settings and set the server name to mail.cs.duke.edu.
- Step 4
The port setting can be left blank; This will default to 25.
- Step 5
To use the name and password, check the checkboxes and enter your CS username.
- Step 6
Under Use secure connection: select either TLS or SSL.
- Step 7
Click OK to save the Preferences.
How to Duke Email Account on Setup Outlook 2016?
Current releases of Outlook 2016 software are adept at IMAP/SMTP server configuration with minimal information required from the user as illustrated below for the Microsoft Outlook 2016 client for Windows.
- First Open the Outlook 2016 application.
- Select File, then Account Settings.
- And Choose on the dropdown Account Settings.
- In the subsequent Account Settings window, click New button.
- In the resulting Add Account window enter:
– Username: enter your given name.
– Email address: enter your Sociology email address.
– Password: choose your password twice.
- Then click Next button.
- Enter your personal details Configuration proceeds:
– A network connection is established
– Settings for the account are obtained
– Login proceeds and a test message is sent.
- If all succeeds, the dialog will report your IMAP server e-mail account is successfully configured.
- Click Finish.
- With Outlook focused in this newly created account, turn off the folder subscription feature.
– Click Folder, then select IMAP Folders.
– In the resulting IMAP Folders dialog, uncheck the option: ‘When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only subscribed folders’.
– Click OK
- This will allow any and all folders to display on the left along with the Inbox.
How to Add and Edit/Set a signature using on Duke OWA?
The below guide will show you where you can view/set your signature in Duke email or OWA. As OWA is a web based system that Microsoft services, it may change. This information guide is accurate as of use the feedback form below if you notice any changes.
- First Log into OWA by going to mail.duke.edu.
- And log-in as needed.
- Click the cogwheel on the top right then click on ‘Options’.
- Click on mail to bring down the menu then click on ‘Email signature’.
- Create your signature and click SAVE when done.
Things to note when creating your signature:
- Use the KISS method: Keep It Simple.
- Spam filters for organizations will go through your signature if there are too many links, image sources, addresses, phone numbers.
- It may score you as spam and filter you.
- If you receive information from someone and/or organization, send a test without your signature to see if it is the cause.
- If you have concerns regarding PHI or SEI in your signature, contact your organizations ITSO at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- OWA Light will only allow you to use a plain text signature.
Contact Support and Email on Duke University
If you are a student or parent with questions about Duke or the application process, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com or call the office at 919-684-3214. If you would like to reach someone else at Duke, you can call Duke University Information at (919) 684-8111.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Durham, NC 27708 USA
Grad and Professional
The Graduate School
Old Chemistry Building, Room 327
415 Chapel Drive, Box 90065
Durham, NC 27708
Phone: (919) 681-3257
What is Duke University ?
Duke University is a private research university in Durham, North Carolina. They were started by Methodists and Quakers in the present city of Trinity in 1835, the school relocated to Durham in 1892. In 1924, tobacco and electric power businessman James Buchanan founded Duke University. The Duke is an endowment and the organization changed its name to honor his late father, the Washington Duke of Washington.
The West Campus is largely built by architect Julian Abel, an American architect who earned his first degree in his class at the University of Pennsylvania School of Design, including Gothic architecture. The 210-foot Duke Chapel in the center of campus and the highest point of elevation is next to the medical center.
What Services does Duke Offer?
Duke University also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc.).
- 3D Printing
- Academic Media Services
- Antivirus Protection
- Audio/Video Consultation
- Call Center Services
- Centralized Device and Services)
- Centralized Storage
- Communication Facilities Design Guidelines
- Computing Labs
- Configuration Management
- Developer Tools
- Enterprise Backup
- Global IT
- Innovation Co-Lab
- Link Equipment
- Multimedia Project Studio
- Network Registration
- Personal Certificates
- Phone, web, and video conferencing
- Protected Network
- Security Cameras
Read Also: K12 Webmail Login Guide
How Much is the tuition for 4 years at Duke University? For the students who were admitted in Fall 2021, the estimated tuition for 4 years is $241,051.
2021-2022 Estimated Cost of Attendance (Before Financial Aid)
- Tuition (Trinity College and Pratt Engineering): $29,042.50
- UGrad First Time Registration (first year students only): $180.00
- Student Activity Fee: $139.25
- Student Services Fee: $348.50
- Recreation Fee: $162.75
- Health Fee: $429.00
- Insurance (fall term only): $3,605.00
- Post Office Box Rental: $35.00
- Engineering Government Dues: $29.00